- Damen Shipyards
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Project manager, Research and Development
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Damen Sales Traineeship
Have you (almost) completed your studies and are you looking for a challenging start of your career? The Damen Sales Traineeship is your chance to kickstart your career and explore the oceans of opportunities within our dynamic company!
A traineeship at Damen is an excellent way to start a challenging and exciting career within the Damen Shipyards Group. During the course of this two-year journey you will explore your own potential and further identify your talents. We will support both your professional and personal development in order to get you ready for a future key position at Damen, while you discover Damen by performing across several disciplines. Find out what you like best, challenges you the most and creates the biggest impact for Damen!
Are you a potential Sales Manager?
In our Sales Traineeship we are going to find out whether you can be a sales manager. As a sales manager you will become responsible for all sales activities and act as the primary contact for the Damen customer for the complete portfolio within the assigned countries / area. You build sustainable customer relationships, identify needs and trends, sell and provide input for the development of the Damen portfolio and oversee aftersales in line with the developed sales plan and Damen strategy. You will be a Damen entrepreneur abroad. Goal of the job is to realize sales objectives and create customer loyalty in the assigned territory to contribute to an increase in the market share, turnover and profits of Damen. On average, the sales manager travels 120 days a year. These trips mainly exist of visiting prospects and clients.
As a sales manager of capital-intensive projects, you must be skilled in multiple disciplines. Besides commercial skills, you need knowledge about our broad product portfolio and the different phases and expertises that precede the delivery of a vessel (design, engineering, procurement, production, financing, project management). The Damen Sales Traineeship is aimed at mastering these skills and competencies.
If it turns out during the traineeship that another role within Damen suits you better than the sales manager position, we are flexible to make adjustments.
Every year, there are limited spots available for the Damen Traineeship and depending on your preference you can start in September or February.
The Damen Sales Traineeship is not a "one size fits all". Each Trainee is unique and thus every traineeship is tailored to the talents and developmental challenges of each individual. It is a two-year program and consists of three parts:
1. Moving in: onboarding, get to know the company including a production 'internship'
2. Moving around: rotations within the Damen division and departments
3. Moving on: continue your career in a challenging job
During your traineeship we will focus on developing various key competencies and skills including decisiveness, initiating improvement, taking ownership and planning & organizing. These competencies and skills are derived from the Damen Leadership Profile.
After the traineeship
After successfully completing the traineeship, you will continue in a challenging job within Damen. We will assist you in finding the best suitable role, depending on your ambitions, expertise and skills gained during the traineeship. It is our intention to train you to become a sales manager, but other options are not excluded.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be eligible for the traineeship, you have to fit the following profile:
- You completed or are about to complete a relevant bachelor or master, for example in Marine Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering. But we also employ sales managers with very different educational backgrounds.
- You can find yourself in our core values: fellowship, craftsmanship, entrepreneurship and stewardship;
- You have a commercial and sociable attitude;
- You are technically savvy, either through education or through your own interest / affinity with technology;
- You are a team-player, committed and driven;
- You have the ability to solve problems;
- You are willing to work in a diverse and international environment;
- You are flexible and willing to work abroad;
- You are fluent in English. Command of the Dutch language is a plus, but not a must.
Do all these things apply to you? Then we are looking for you!
WHAT WE OFFER
We will give you the full support needed in the course of your traineeship, and an interesting and fun experience to start you career with, by offering you:
- A challenging traineeship;
- Competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Several trainings offered by our Damen Academy;
- A coach (personal development) and mentor (trusted advisor);
- A diverse program with rotations across disciplines including a rotation abroad (design, engineering, procurement, production, financing, project management);
- Interesting and fun extra’s (knowledge sessions/trainee diner etc.);
- Contact with peers in Young Damen.
What does the traineeship bring you?
At the end of these two years, you will have;
- Developed insight into your talents and qualities;
- Discovered the wonderful world of shipbuilding;
- Boosted your leadership/people skills;
- Gained the insights needed to initiate and implement change;
- Made an impact with who you are and what you do;
And last but not least... Have you found the job that makes you happy!
I’m enthusiastic about the Damen Sales Traineeship! How do I apply?
You can apply online via https://career.damen.com/jobs/traineeship-sales-nl01854-5
After an initial CV selection, potential candidates will be invited for a first job interview. This pre-screening process is followed by an online assessment. The final selection is conducted by a panel.
Feel free to contact our Recruiter Ankie van Hees via email@example.com at any time if you have any questions about the Damen Sales Traineeship.