Master Thesis Sustainability
- Jumbo Maritime
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Offshore, Shipping
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 04 december 2023
- Eindigt op
- 04 december 2024
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport and Offshore Installations. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet. Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients and capabilities.
In addition, Jumbo recognizes the crucial role of sustainability in today's business landscape. Understanding the impact of its operations on the environment and society, Jumbo is dedicated to being a responsible partner. The company actively invests in the continuous development of its office staff and fleet, reflecting its commitment to staying at the forefront of industry advancements.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
To strengthen our sustainability performance, Jumbo seeks a:
Graduate intern - Master thesis sustainability
The worldwide offshore renewable energy sector is growing rapidly. For offshore contractors, implementing solutions to reduce their greenhouse emissions needs to be accelerated to meet international climate goals.
A clear view on the emissions of operations is invaluable. At Jumbo, we make use of software to keep track of our vessels’ fuel consumption. However, this does not provide the full picture. In order to apply green technologies, we need to know which operational decisions lead to which environmental impacts. This would enable us to tailor sustainable solutions to our offshore activities. You’ll work with real data from the vessels, investigate the operational profiles, and identify improvement opportunities.
In general, the project can be described in the steps below. Of course, you get the freedom to steer your research in the direction you see fit.
- Build a tool to link decision making to its consequent emissions.
- Analyze the sustainability performance of a project.
- Contribute to academic knowledge by using your tools to run state-of-the-art analyses.
- Investigate emission-reducing improvements based on the relevant operational profiles.
- Master student Marine/Offshore/Mechanical Engineering.
- An interest in offshore renewables and sustainability.
- Affinity with programming and data analytics (e.g. Python, Excel).
What we offer
- Our company culture fosters an open and informal working culture. We provide you with direct connections with professionals at all levels, ensuring that you have the support and guidance you need to thrive.
- What sets us apart is that we want to give you the chance to go out in the field. Whether it is to collect data, get to know the crew and their challenges, or just experiencing the scale of offshore, we believe that a practical connection is invaluable to any engineer’s work.
- Apart from the practical challenges, we value the TU Delft academic standards. We therefore aim to provide you with the tools and knowledge required to meet the scientific grade of your research.
- We therefore enable you to build a strong connection between your academic background and practical offshore challenges.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Recruiter Bas Bieckmann or Section Lead Structural / Marine Menko Teunis at email@example.com or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300.
Applications (in English) can be sent, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other third parties are not appreciated.