- Jumbo Maritime
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Offshore, Shipping
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 04 december 2023
- Eindigt op
- 03 december 2024
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport and Offshore Installations. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about our organization, clients and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way we work together and how we think along with our clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; we have developed our own Stay Well program to secure our leading position.
To strengthen the Engineering Department Jumbo seeks a:
1 FTE – 37.5 hours
Jumbo Engineers are extremely eager to learn and they embrace the experience new colleagues will bring to the table. Every project within Jumbo is unique, ownership is key. Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
As Marine Engineer you will:
- Work within a project team;
- Support the New-built team to design the zero-emission heavy-lift fleet of the future;
- Perform analysis to reduce the emissions of the current fleet;
- Perform hydrodynamic analysis of our Offshore and Shipping operations;
- Heavy lifting
- Pipeline or cable installations
- Mooring analysis
- Stability calculations
- Bollard pull and station keeping analysis
- Perform workability assessments;
- Prepare and review high quality marine engineering reports;
- Continuously improve the organization by creating engineering tools and sharing knowledge;
- Analyse onboard measurement data wrt vessel motions and crane loads;
- Work office-based and occasionally on board project support during offshore execution.
- Educated M.sc level (i.e.Marine Technology, Naval Architecture, Offshore Engineering or equivalent);
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in a similar function;
- Knowledge of programming languages Matlab and Python;
- Extensive knowledge of vessel stability and hydrodynamics;
- Knowledge of Orcaflex or AQWA is beneficial;
- Ability to adapt to the Jumbo standards and way of working;
- Willing to travel and provide on-board support during the execution of projects;
- Ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).
Terms of employment
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo's sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Bas Bieckmann, Corporate Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number +31 (0)10 7900 300.
Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, including curriculum vitae and motivation letter, to the Human Resource Department via our website
( https://www.jumbomaritime.nl/en/jobs/ ).