DNV GL Award for Young Professionals
Enter now for the chance to win €1,000 with the 2017 DNV GL Award for Young Professionals
Students of electrical or mechanical engineering or a maritime subject may submit their master’s or bachelor’s thesis, or another paper, if it is written within the study period and covers one of the following topics:
- smarter or
Whichever one of the three topics was chosen, it should focus on naval architecture, marine engineering, ship operation (technical or commercial) or ship design.
All submitted papers will be examined and evaluated by a jury according to the following criteria:
- Interest to society
- Complexity of task for young researcher
- Quality of the paper (comprehensibility, completeness, writing style)
The application form is available for download here.
The winning three students will each receive a cash prize of €1,000.
What’s more, the winners will have the chance to present their thesis to an audience of experts during an international maritime event in 2017.
The winners will be announced on our website in June 2017. The date and location of the award ceremony will be announced soon.
Conditions for participation:
- You are/were studying electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a maritime subject
- Your scientific paper was written by you on your own or in a team (maximum of two persons)
- Your scientific paper is not more than three years old
- Your paper is written in English (if your paper is written in another language, you may prepare an extended abstract that contains all relevant results and information of your work about 8 – 30 pages)