Awards voor studenten
Heb jij hard gewerkt aan je bachelor of master thesis? Wil jij hier graag erkenning voor?
Kijk dan verder bij de mogelijke awards voor studenten!
The Changemaker Challenge is open to HBO and Master students within all
fields of study. If your graduation research is related to plastic waste and/or
water, you should definitely sign up and compete for research grants of up to
Van Hengel-Sprengler prijs
Deelname aan de prijs staat open voor studenten tot 35 jaar die hun onderzoek hebben verricht in het kader van een algemene studie, vakopleiding of vervolgstudie in een maritiem vakgebied op WO of HBO niveau. Het onderzoek moet – kunnen – leiden tot nieuwe inzichten, concepten of innovaties die bijdragen aan het verbeteren van de operationele inzet van marine-eenheden.
Bij de aanmelding dienen de volgende gegevens bekend te worden gesteld:
– personalia van de kandidaat
– studie in het kader waarvan het onderzoek is gedaan
– omschrijving (maximaal 150 woorden) van het onderzoek
– periode waarin het onderzoek is uitgevoerd
– toepassing van het onderzoek in de praktijk
– de toegevoegde waarde voor de operationele inzet op militair-maritiem gebied
– het onderzoeksrapport in PDF formaat
Woman in Technology
Together with Delft Global, Booking.com introduces new Women in Technology Scholarships. A two-year initiative designed to support women seeking careers in technology. They also partnered with the University of Oxford for a similar scholarship.
A total of 5 scholarships for two-year MSc programmes will be offered at TU Delft, starting in the 2018-2019 academic year. These scholarships will be granted to women looking to further their education and advancement in the technology sector. Grants will be available to female students from a range of our partner universities across sub-Saharan Africa, ensuring access to opportunities in technology for female students from this region in addition to driving UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Prof. Tim van der Hagen, President of the Executive Board from TU Delft said, “We are thrilled that Booking.com and TU Delft are partnering to improve the access of high quality education in technology. Booking.com is the first corporate donor of the Delft Global Scholarships. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft. The scholarships will allow us to support capacity building in the Global South region and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable development. We are proud that Booking.com shares our belief that building a digital economy needs world-wide knowledge circulation.”
More information can be found here.
DNV-GL Award for Young Professionals
Enter now for the chance to win €1,000 with the 2017 DNV GL Award for Young Professionals
Students of electrical or mechanical engineering or a maritime subject may submit their master’s or bachelor’s thesis, or another paper, if it is written within the study period and covers one of the following topics:
- smarter or
Whichever one of the three topics was chosen, it should focus on naval architecture, marine engineering, ship operation (technical or commercial) or ship design.
All submitted papers will be examined and evaluated by a jury according to the following criteria:
- Interest to society
- Complexity of task for young researcher
- Quality of the paper (comprehensibility, completeness, writing style)
The application form is available for download here.
The winning three students will each receive a cash prize of €1,000. What’s more, the winners will have the chance to present their thesis to an audience of experts during an international maritime event in 2017. The winners will be announced on our website in June 2017. The date and location of the award ceremony will be announced soon.
Conditions for participation:
- You are/were studying electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a maritime subject
- Your scientific paper was written by you on your own or in a team (maximum of two persons)
- Your scientific paper is not more than three years old
- Your paper is written in English (if your paper is written in another language, you may prepare an extended abstract that contains all relevant results and information of your work about 8 – 30 pages)
Any queries and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to DNV GL SE, Maritime, Brooktorkai 18, 20457 Hamburg, Germany