Thesis Floating Wind Turbine Installation
- Royal IHC
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Hydrodynamics
Royal IHC is leading supplier of maritime technology and expert craftsmanship. Royal IHC delivers equipment, vessels and services which are reliable, integrated solutions to improve operational efficiency and allow for more sustainable solutions.
Royal IHC is developing the next generation transport vessels for floating wind turbines. For this concept design additional studies are required in order to obtain knowledge of the upscaling of the foundations and the optimal transport in terms of assets and sustainability.
Investigate how to optimize the installation strategy of a FOWT by investigating different installation scenarios with different vessel types. In this analysis the following aspects need to be taken into account:
- Different floating foundation shapes
- Operation required to be zero-emission
- Installation procedure and maritime operations of floating wind installation
- Hydro-mechanical analysis of the mooring installation
- Limiting parameters on the operation (sea state, current and wind forces, water depth)
- Design parameters of
- Mooring installation operation (single / multiple floating turbines)
- Scalability of the turbines
- Estimation of autonomy of the operation