Sales Engineer/Proposal Engineer
- Praxis Automation Technology B.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Research and Development, Shipping management
Sales Engineer/Proposal Engineer
Your guide to ship automation and navigation”, with this motto Praxis Automation Technology develops, produces and supply innovative Automation- and Navigation Systems for all types of seagoing vessels. We’re looking to expand our sales team with a Sales Engineer.
The Job Description
As a sales engineer /proposal manager you are part of the sales team. Since you act as intermediary between the customer and operational departments you are in daily contact with colleagues of the project-, production-, logistics- and finance departments. You report to the commercial director
Who Are We
Founded in 1965 in Leiderdorp, Netherlands, Praxis Automation Technology is a market leading manufacturer and supplier of automation, navigation and hybrid propulsion systems for sea going vessels. Our passion for shipping and technology is the drive of our company. We offer high-quality innovative systems that uses the very latest technologies. A key strength is being able to convert the wishes and needs of our clients into tailor-made quality systems. Our company is a trendsetter in sustainable innovations.
We supply our products to international shipyards, ship owners and system integrators and serve them via our selected global network of service and maintenance points. With over 80 employees in the Netherlands and a network of worldwide sales and service locations, Praxis has built a reputation as a solid partner. The high-quality knowledge and experience of our employees is the driving force that pushes us forward. We distinguish ourselves through the involvement of our employees. With an open mind to feedback and teamwork, our company has created an ideal environment to develop your engineering skills.
- Advising customers to come to the technically and commercially optimal solution for ship automation, navigation and hybrid propulsion systems
- Assessing and advising on contract requests, sales conditions and payment conditions
- Preparing and keeping track of outstanding quotations
- Acting as intermediary between the customer, project department, production and logistic departments
- Process incoming project orders and arrange the transfer of new project to the projects department
- Keeping commercial documentation such as price lists, quotation templates and reference lists up-to-date
Skills And Qualifications
- Completed study on HBO level / Bachelor of Science
- Working experience in the field of shipbuilding, shipping, automation or electric installations
- Skilled in communicating in English (speaking and writing)
- A pro-active, self-starting attitude • Being able to think from the perspective of the customer
- Service-minded and flexible
- Structured working approach
What We Offer
- A very dynamic, flexible, international and informal working environment
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are always ready to help you
- Market conform salary
- Being part of an innovative high-tech company
- A meaningful role in our organization
- Good fringe benefits
If you are interested in this role, then please email us your CV and motivation. Feel free to contact us by email if you have any questions.
Contact person: Monique van der Voort