- Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland B.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Hydrodynamics, Offshore, Project manager
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 11 mei 2022
- Eindigt op
- 11 mei 2023
Are you up to drive the biggest piles or install the deepest foundation in the world? Will you make it
happen? Join our team in Leiden as Foundation Engineer.
A unique maritime adventure
At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest
crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore
energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and
gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an
important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
During the preparation period of a platform installation you will check what kind pile driving
equipment can do the job and how the stability is of the platform while installing. Reviewing the pile
design including sensitivity to pile sway and performing a pile driveability analysis are input for
planning and will also help the tender team with their risk analyses. With a large in-house database
of installed projects you will optimize the pile installation and keep the data base up to date.
Furthermore you provide input regarding noise due to impact hammering to tender and project
teams. Finally you will go offshore on one of our crane vessels to see with your own eyes what you
have prepared. On board you will support the fleet to carry out the work, register (pile monitoring)
data and take the data back to the office to analyse and adapt our models if needed. For
decommissioning tender and jobs you will provide input with respect to drilling or airlifting
equipment to be used. As a Foundation Engineer you are responsible for:
• Provide pile design input by performing pile installation, like pile driveability analysis;
• Review on bottom stability and mudmat analyses for substructures (i.e. jackets); Involved in
selection, design, and allocation of pile installation equipment (i.e. hammers, pile lifting
tools, followers, drilling - and airlifting equipment, etc.);
• Offshore monitoring of pile installation, and pile top and hammer sway motions;
• Select and design noise mitigation measures during pile driving to comply with noise
• Maintain and extend the Foundation Experience Database to keep our models up-to-date;
• Go-offshore to provide Foundation Engineering support on board world’s largest crane
Who will you work with?
As ROV & Subsea Tooling Engineer, you will work in a group of specialists with the following
disciplines: Subsea tooling, Survey & Positioning and ROV & Diving in the Technology & Heerema
Simulation Center department. Here you provide support for product & business development,
studies, tenders and commercial projects for all Heerema’s the business units.
Is this the job for you?
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and
result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in
various divisions of the organization; and aware of who the decisions makers and influential people
are. You are an easy communicator who can present the results of relevant technical analyses in a
clear and concise way, also to a non-technical audience. You can build and maintain networks with a
variety of parties outside the company. Furthermore, you have:
• Graduated in a Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil Engineering;
• Active in geotechnical business for at least 1 year;
• Interest to learn new (driveability) programs and help them improve based on (your own)
• Software skills to improve programs;
• Analytical skills to analyse pile installation and you will support and provide feedback to our
project team and client.
Here is what it takes to be a real Heerema colleague
• Learning mindset, which means being open to feedback, curious, and eager to learn;
• Personal leadership which means you are an entrepreneur at heart, have the mindset of a
founder and take control of your own work and development.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Making the impossible possible offshore, this is what drives us at Heerema! To execute our offshore
projects we must innovate, engineer and develop to find solutions for our clients’ challenges. We are
passionate about sustainability and are guided by our Sustainability Roadmap to reduce our impact
on the planet. Working with Heerema means working in an international, informal, and friendly
environment where you will meet likeminded and passionate colleagues.
Here's why people love working with us
• Working on challenging projects;
• Extensive onboarding process and opportunities to develop;
• A development program to allow your talents to flourish;
• Fun Friday-afternoon get together with colleagues;
• Excellent perks and benefits, including a personal performance bonus, travel allowance, and
contributions to your pension and insurance;
• Free exercise facilities;
• A social safety net with committed colleagues around you;
• Plenty of digital and real-world activities to get to know colleagues outside your team;
• 30 days off to fully recharge;
• A modern and easily accessible office in Leiden.
Is this your dream job? Put in your application now!
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We are interested in your CV, but we mainly want to
find out more about your ambitions, your personality, and what is your motivation to succeed. So be
sure to include a brief cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position.
So hit the button, apply, and make the impossible possible with Heerema. We’d love to meet you!
The application process
The application process will consist of an online assessment, two interviews and contract
negotiations. At the end of the process, we will cordially welcome you aboard.