(Junior) Installation Engineer Wind
- Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland B.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Hydrodynamics, Offshore
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 11 mei 2022
- Eindigt op
- 11 mei 2023
Do you want to work for a leading marine contractor creating sustainable value(s) for clients and
stakeholders in the offshore wind industry?
A unique maritime adventure
At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest
crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore
energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and
gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an
important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
As a (Junior) Installation Engineer you provide technical work preparation services for product
development, studies, tenders and projects in the offshore Wind industry. Your daily tasks and
responsibilities include the following:
• Develop offshore execution methods for offshore projects, nomination of required
equipment, concept and detail design of lifting arrangements etc.;
• Perform engineering, technical project preparation and execution support of offshore
projects, i.e. heavy lift installation and removal projects;
• Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports and
• Prepare subcontractor Scope of Works.
Who will you work with?
As (Junior) Installation Engineer you will work in the Business Unit Wind. The objective of this
Business Unit is to drive the global energy transition by bringing Heerema Marine Contractors’
experience to the offshore wind industry.
Is this the job for you?
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work and the involvement of others effectively
and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed.
Next to this you take the different interests of different divisions of the organization and mutual
relations into account. You recognize the effects and results of your own decisions or activities on
other parts of the organization. Furthermore, you have:
• A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering;
• 0-2 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
• A good understanding of Heerema Marine Contractors’ assets and equipment capabilities in
order to win, prepare and execute offshore Wind projects;
• Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
• Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
• Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to less experienced engineers;
• The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.
Here is what it takes to be a real Heerema colleague
• Learning mindset, which means being open to feedback, curious, and eager to learn;
• Personal leadership which means you are an entrepreneur at heart, have the mindset of a
founder and take control of your own work and development.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Making the impossible possible offshore, this is what drives us at Heerema! To execute our offshore
projects we must innovate, engineer and develop to find solutions for our clients’ challenges. We are
passionate about sustainability and are guided by our Sustainability Roadmap to reduce our impact
on the planet. Working with Heerema means working in an international, informal, and friendly
environment where you will meet likeminded and passionate colleagues.
Here's why people love working with us
• Working on challenging projects;
• Extensive onboarding process and opportunities to develop;
• A development program to allow your talents to flourish;
• Fun Friday-afternoon get together with colleagues;
• Excellent perks and benefits, including a personal performance bonus, travel allowance, and
contributions to your pension and insurance;
• Free exercise facilities;
• A social safety net with committed colleagues around you;
• Plenty of digital and real-world activities to get to know colleagues outside your team;
• 30 days off to fully recharge;
• A modern and easily accessible office in Leiden.
Is this your dream job? Put in your application now!
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We are interested in your CV, but we mainly want to
find out more about your ambitions, your personality, and what is your motivation to succeed. So be
sure to include a brief cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position.
So hit the button, apply, and make the impossible possible with Heerema. We’d love to meet you!
The application process
The application process will consist of an online assessment, two interviews and contract
negotiations. At the end of the process, we will cordially welcome you aboard.