Jr. Structural Engineer
- Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland B.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Offshore
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Do you want to work for a leading marine contractor creating sustainable value(s) for clients and
stakeholders in the offshore industry?
A unique maritime adventure
At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. We operate the world’s largest
crane vessels and with them we transport, install, and remove offshore structures for the offshore
energy markets. Our projects range from installing wind turbines, removing retired offshore oil and
gas platforms, and installing platforms up to 50,000 metric tons. By joining us, you will play an
important part in our unique maritime adventure.
Your role in the story
You will have the opportunity to go offshore on our vessels and see your designs and work in action,
supporting our fleet with anything that requires a bright technical mind and pro-active attitude. You
have a learning mindset. You are open to feedback, curious and eager to learn. You are enterprising
at heart, have a pioneer’s spirit and take control of your own work and development. Your daily tasks
and responsibilities include the following:
• Design steel structures such as grillage and sea fastening and everything that is needed for a
cross-Atlantic journeys on our barges, tugs and crane vessels or on chartered HLVs;
• Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements;
• Design lifting appliances, frames, spreaderbars and lift points;
• Perform structural hand calculations, utilize structural analysis software and prepare
professional design reports;
• You work in close collaboration with the project teams keeping in mind operation limits and
the right procedure to execute the job;
• Be a reliable partner to the project teams by keeping stakeholders informed and look ahead
to identify bottlenecks;
• Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
• Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues but also of
subcontractors/third parties; Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization
by i.e. actively sharing knowledge and experiences and identifying and providing follow up to
subjects for improvement.
Who will you work with?
Structural engineers are the cornerstone of every project in the HMC business units of Wind, T&I or
Decommissioning. You will learn the ropes and contribute in our diverse portfolio of projects,
tenders, studies and developments. You will tackle challenges which have never been done before
and optimize our ways of working by creating sustainable value in finding solutions for re-using
equipment and materials.
Is this the job for you?
You are a team player who organizes and plans their own work and the involvement of others
effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily
when needed. Next to this you take the different interests of different divisions of the organization
and mutual relations into account on your own initiative. You recognize the effects and results of
your decisions or activities on other parts of the organization. Furthermore, you have:
• A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar;
• A structural engineering background is preferred;
• Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
• Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
• The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.
Here is what it takes to be a real Heerema colleague
• Learning mindset, which means being open to feedback, curious, and eager to learn;
• Personal leadership which means you are an entrepreneur at heart, have the mindset of a
founder and take control of your own work and development.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Making the impossible possible offshore, this is what drives us at Heerema! To execute our offshore
projects we must innovate, engineer and develop to find solutions for our clients’ challenges. We are
passionate about sustainability and are guided by our Sustainability Roadmap to reduce our impact
on the planet. Working with Heerema means working in an international, informal, and friendly
environment where you will meet likeminded and passionate colleagues.
Here's why people love working with us
• Working on challenging projects;
• Extensive onboarding process and opportunities to develop;
• A development program to allow your talents to flourish;
• Fun Friday-afternoon get together with colleagues;
• Excellent perks and benefits, including a personal performance bonus, travel allowance, and
contributions to your pension and insurance;
• Free exercise facilities;
• A social safety net with committed colleagues around you;
• Plenty of digital and real-world activities to get to know colleagues outside your team;
• 30 days off to fully recharge;
• A modern and easily accessible office in Leiden.
Is this your dream job? Put in your application now!
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We are interested in your CV, but we mainly want to
find out more about your ambitions, your personality, and what is your motivation to succeed. So be
sure to include a brief cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position.
So click here, apply, and make the impossible possible with Heerema. We’d love to meet you!
The application process
The application process will consist of an online assessment, two interviews and contract
negotiations. At the end of the process, we will cordially welcome you aboard.