Jr. Operations Engineer
- Ampelmann Operations
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Offshore
Location: Delft, The Netherlands
Looking for the opportunity to kick start your career? Are you excited about a job that comes with responsibilities from day one, but also requires you to go out into the field and roll up your sleeves? And do you want to learn how to manage a complete project cycle and build meaningful customer relationships in the meantime? Then you have come to the right place! Ampelmann is looking for a Jr. Operations Engineer to join the team in Delft. Interested? Read more on the role below and find out how to apply!
Ampelmann makes offshore access as easy as crossing the street. Our drive is to make the offshore industry safer, enable the energy transition and have a great career in the meantime. We combine the challenges of a large globally-operating organisation with a change-positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Personal development and responsibility take centre stage at Ampelmann. Growing Ampelmann means growing you.
Read more about the Ampelmann story here and have an ‘inside look’ here.
About the Operations Europe & Africa (EA) team
The Operations EA team is part of the Operations Department and currently consists out of a Crew Change & Visa Coordinator, an Operations Project Support and six Operations Project Engineers, meaning you will bring the total number of Project Engineers to seven. The team is led by the Operations Area Manager. Also, part of the Operations EA team is a team of Maintenance Technicians who are responsible for performing maintenance on systems in the region. As a Junior Operations Project Engineer you, as of day one, will have a high degree of responsibility but will receive the necessary coaching and guidance from more experienced Operations Project Engineers.
Your role as Jr. Operations Project Engineer
As Jr. Operations Project Engineer, you are the internal and external point of contact for projects where an Ampelmann system is deployed offshore. For each project you are responsible for the entire project cycle, from the preparation to close-out phase. Your goal is to end each project on time and within scope and budget, resulting in a satisfied client. You do this by optimizing the project, visiting clients, visiting the operation, and executing a flawless project administration. Next to this, you are also responsible for coaching the operators that man the systems offshore.
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of your projects
- Coordinating (de)mobilisations of systems, attend offshore trials and perform client visits
- Doing project administration (budgeting, invoicing, and purchasing)
- Coaching offshore operators on their professional development
- Occasionally getting your hands dirty, e.g. in a coverall on a yard when work on the system in preparation of a project is performed
- Higher Vocational Education/BSc/MSc degree (any Engineering study or e.g. Technical Business Administration) and/or 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel globally (30% of the work is performed on site)
- Proven project management skills
- Analytical skills
- A pro-active attitude
- A great work environment with innovative and change-willing aspirations
- High degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. post-COVID Working from Home policy, non-contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis)
- Ampelmann Academy for all your personal and professional development needs
You can apply before 9 May 2022 by uploading your CV and motivation letter via the “Apply Now” button on our website. In the week after the closing date, we will let you know if you have been selected for the first interview round. If there is a match after the first interview, you will proceed to the second interview round. Still a match? Then we will offer you the job!
If you have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com.