Technical specialist autonomy
- Damen Shipyards
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Research and Development
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
The Technical Specialist Autonomy is the spider in the web role for experimental projects focusing on Autonomous Sailing. He/she is responsible for setting up experiments aiming for developing technology that will be applied in future products. As Technical Specialist Autonomy you will be working with Dutch high-tech organizations and top research institutes. Together with partners in the industry Damen Naval is developing autonomous systems for the defence industry. The project manager will be responsible for setting up experiments and running them together with partner organizations and the experiments will take place in Vlissingen.
As Technical Specialist Autonomy at Damen Naval, you will:
- Be responsible for the execution of an experiment project, including engineering activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Provide technical consult to projects on the topic of autonomy
- Develop and execute an experiment project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality & timelines, reports on regular basis to the project leader.
- Represent the Damen Naval as a company to related professional associations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As Technical Specialist Autonomy, you need to have:
- Master’s degree preferably in naval architecture, mechanical engineering, systems & control, or other relevant discipline combined with at least a strong interest for the maritime industry.
- A research interest on the topics of machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, time-series analysis, and control systems.
- A hands-on mentality when it comes to running experiments.
- Experience and affinity with building coalitions, internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external partners to achieve common goals.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning, and organizing, management control, decisiveness, communication, and initiative.
- You have excellent Dutch and English communication skills in writing and spoken.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
WHAT WE OFFER
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Specialist Autonomy and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.