- Damen Shipyards
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Project manager
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
Vacancy: Training Coordinator, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again?
Are you ready to be part of a diverse team of people from around the world who are all directly linked to our organization’s success?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you may be a good fit for Damen Services! We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions.
We are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Training Coordinator
Nice to meet you! We are Damen Services.
Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping them find solutions to challenging situations. Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
Meet our Damen Services training department
The Training department within Damen Services is responsible for the preparation and execution of all training programs sold from Damen Shipyards Gorinchem. This involves technical, nautical, shipbuilding and maritime-related training courses for a wide variety of vessel types and the different products of Damen worldwide. The department is characterized by a collegial atmosphere and currently consists of 10 employees who, in cooperation with the Damen organization, serve the customer in this field.
Are you a good fit for the Training Coordinator position at Damen Services now or in the near future?
As Training Coordinator, you are involved in all phases of the training project, from the preparation phase to the implementation phase. In this, you keep the overview and you take the lead.
You are involved in preparing the training program, taking care of related issues such as course location and purchasing external training, working partly from the office and partly at our customers. Most of the training we offer is customized, the program is tailored to the sold new building and the organization of the customer.
This is a good fit if you like to:
- Preparing and drafting the project plans in collaboration with the Area Service Team;
- Monitoring the planning, progress, quality and budget through the use of the ERP system and project schedules;
- Project responsible and monitor both cost and quality;
- Reports the project results with stakeholders;
- Consults with the client (representative) on the content of the program;
- Designs training programs;
- Organizes worldwide transportation and accommodations for trainers and participants;
- Works with an external system or training vendors and ensures seamless integration of their programs into the Damen Services approach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We ask our future Training Coordinator to come prepared with the following:
- MBO/ HBO work and thinking level;
- Excellent communication and advisory skills;
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language verbally and in writing.
- A pragmatic, advisory and persuasive Training Coordinator with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Independent but by nature seeks cooperation;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach;
- Decisive and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Willing to travel;
- Well able to manage expectations.
WHAT WE OFFER
We want to make sure you are a happy Training Coordinator, so we offer:
You can develop yourself in a versatile position. We are a growing organization where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Training Coordinator by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Services does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.