- Titan LNG
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Construction, Project manager
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 22 juli 2019
- Eindigt op
- 22 juli 2020
Role & Job Environment
• Part-time or full-time, dependent on applicant profile and qualifications.
• Student applications will also be considered.
Reporting to the COO / Marine Asset Development Manager, the engineer will support Titan LNG’s bunker operations and new build developments from a technical perspective. This support will cover both LNG systems and broader marine engineering and naval architecture.
The engineer will execute or support the execution of compatibility checks between Titan LNG’s own or chartered vessels and the clients’ receiving vessels, support the execution of risk analyses for bunker operations involving SIMOPS (simultaneous operations i.e. cargo loading at terminals), support design efforts for new vessel developments and provide project management assistance for Titan LNG’s bunker barge FlexFueler002, currently under construction.
The role will be based in Amsterdam at Titan LNG HQ. Inland travel to support bunker operations as well as ad-hoc travel abroad might be required. The employer functions as part of an international team in a fast-paced environment showing initiative and creativity to add value to a rapidly growing business. The employee should be eager to dive into the world of LNG bunkering, its related systems and associated vessel design considerations.
Description of tasks/responsibilities
• Support the Lead Systems Engineer with ongoing modifications and developments aboard FlexFueler 001 and other Titan LNG assets.
• Support the Marine Asset Development Manager with research for and administration of change orders for Titan LNG’s FlexFueler002, currently under construction.
• Support the Logistics Manager and general operations with setting up compatibility checks and Joint Plans of Operations for Titan LNG’s ship to ship LNG bunker operations.
• Streamline, automate and make robust the current Excel worksheets and Word documents used for the technical and operational preparation of bunker operations.
• Research technologies and vendors for LNG pumps, tank systems, sub-cooling and re-liquefaction.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree (student) in either mechanical engineering / naval architecture or similar
• Knowledge and understanding of the energy markets (preferably gas, oil, marine bunkers) will be a benefit.
• AutoCAD -or similar 2D/3D design software -experience
• Experience with Excel worksheet-based modeling and VBA coding
• Strong communicative skills;
• Working knowledge of technical English, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated self-reliance and independence.
Titan LNG | T: +31 20 7220 720 | www.titan-lng.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | July ‘19
• Adaptability – able to adapt to constantly changing circumstances
• Involvement – demonstrating involvement with the purpose, mission and vision
• Collegiality – assisting and supporting colleagues while treating them with respect
• Creativity – thinking outside the box and coming up with solutions to problems/challenges
• Integrity – adhering to and maintaining social and ethical standards
• Accuracy - attention to detail as reports and documents need to accurate
• Anticipation – identify critical situations and act adequately
• Flexibility – adapt behavior and project planning in order to deal with changing client needs
• Planning and organizing – determine priorities and arrange actions, time and resources to
achieve goals and monitor progress