(Graduation) Internship FEM/ Structural Engineering
- Royal IHC
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 12 juli 2019
- Eindigt op
- 12 juli 2020
IHC IQIP would like to keep up-to-date with the latest edition of DNVGL-RP-C208: Determination of structural capacity by non-linear finite element analysis methods (September 2016). As an intern, you will be responsible for carrying out a study on the major changes of the new code, communicating with DNVGL, performing FEM analyses, and translating the results into a technical work instruction and presentation. The main scope of this internship comprises:
- in-depth study and research on DNVGL-RP-C208
- non-linear material modelling of various steel types
- finite element analysis (FEA) in accordance with the code
- failure criterion definitions for repeated yielding, accumulated strain, buckling and repeated buckling.
To be eligible for this internship, you must be a BSc or MSc student in mechanical, offshore, material engineering (or equivalent) and have the following:
- basic FEM knowledge and skills, preferably with good command of FEMAP
- steel material knowledge, and familiarity with non-linear/plastic behaviour is an advantage
- a good command of English, both written and verbal
- technical communication and documentation skills
- flexibility, motivation, a proactive approach and willingness to learn new things.
Please note, the internship is full-time and lasts for two to three months. The successful applicant will be required to start as soon as the summer break begins, although the start date is negotiable.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time internship within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and professional development opportunities.
As (Graduation) Intern FEM/ Structural Engineering, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units - IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. With the creation of IHC IQIP, we take the next step in offering a fully integrated solution for on- and offshore installation, foundation and decommissioning in the oil & gas, offshore wind, and coastal & civil market. By combining all of our experience and expertise, we are able to offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, and offshore installation and removal equipment. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia, and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.