Marine Engineer at HMC
- Heerema Marine Contractors Nederland B.V.
- Branche / Vakgebied
- Vereiste taal
- Engels, Nederlands
- Start op
- 05 juli 2019
- Eindigt op
- 05 juli 2020
About the Job
As a Marine Engineer you provide marine support for product & business developments, studies, tenders, and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind, or Decommissioning), the HMC’s Simulation Center, or work on product development in our Strategy and Technology department.
You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
As a Marine Engineer, your daily activities include:
• Performing hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analyses, such as transportation analysis and lift, launch and upend analyses;
• Performing motion response analyses;
• Performing offshore workability assessments based on offshore environmental data, vessel capabilities and installation limitations;
• Getting acquainted with discipline related work processes, software, guidelines, and standards.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in various divisions of the organization; and aware of who the decisions makers and influential people are.
Furthermore, you have:
• Bachelor and/or Master degree Maritime Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Aerospace Engineering or a similar degree;
• 0 - 4 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
• Knowledge of hydromechanics;
• Analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
• Excellent command of English and Dutch, both verbal and written;
• The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.
What we offer
• Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
• 35 Annual Leave Days;
• A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
• Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
• Excellent working atmosphere;
• A laptop (also for private use);
• Reimbursement of travel expenses;
• A non-contributory pension;
• A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
• Fitness facilities at the office.
Link naar vacature